Saturday, 26 September 2015
Its a Saturday, Under normal circumstances I should wake up late, but then I have to chase after electricity. So am up at 5am to cook relish for the evening. I decide I will do chicken curry. Onions, fresh green paper, crushed garlic, then defrost the chicken and as am about to switch on the stove electricity is gone. Oh my God. But then that is normal.I turn to my old friend, the Dover cast iron stove. Ever heard of it? I do the chicken then decide I might as well cook the rice so that when I come back from my weekend chores I just warm up and we eat and sleep. You see my maid left at 5.30am and its just me and my son James. I call him Jimso and our cat Akira, I call him Kiki, Akimbo, Kikisto etc. After I am done I take a hot bath from my solar geyser them am off. I attend a neighbour's son's wedding then go to ward church prayers. When I come back its already 18.00hours. Jimso is not at home. Him and Akimbo are at their sister's place across the road.I follow them and after a few minutes we come back home at 19:30 hours. We switch on the generator. It is the in thing. After four hours I switch off the generator and a few minutes later electricity is back. The question is " What am I supposed to use the electricity for at that time of the night.? To watch TV if I still have energy left to stay awake? This is Zim. Cry my beloved country. Will things go back to normal? Or I should say will things become abnormal one day?. You see normal is no electricity, no water, uncollected garbage, potholes, etc. But then there is a minister who gets paid to see that we have no water and nor electricity and another who sees that urban councils are paid for ensuring that they do not provide services to the residents but charge them anywhere. That's life and it goes on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment