Saturday, 26 September 2015

You cannot drive in Harare if you are not insane. Do you know the meaning on insane? I didn't until I attended a wedding ceremony presided over by an Anglican priest. I thought people moving on the streets picking garbage from bins or talking alone are crazy. No says the priest, Those are mentally challenged. The crazy ones are normal people who.........Go to a church if you want to know what they do. Back to driving. This other day I was driving along Herbert Chitepo going west. As I got to the robots on the road going to Avondale an illegal taxi driver decides to stop in front of me and buy fruits from the vendors when the robot is green. I hoot at him and he throws his hand away, the kind that says get lost. He stops until the robot is red to make sure that he fixes me. After all I am a woman and I cannot do anything. At least that is what most men think. He was in for a surprise. I put my hand brake on and left my car on hazard. Went straight to his car. I wanted to remove the keys to make sure he stops for ever. He was quick to notice and put his car on park( it was automatic) to make sure I do not remove the key. You will not guess what I did. He was a big bouncer. Too big for his seat. The car was full of men. Know what I did, I pinched his big ear calling him stupid. He was kind of shocked and became a stupor. I went back to my car. The robot turned green and he drove off and I went behind him too close for his comfort, kind of breathing on his ear until he pulled off to the side to let me pass. Remember I said you cannot drive in Harare unless you are crazy. At least that is what I think. Do you think he told his wife what happened to him that day? Of course not. That's me. I have learnt to defend my rights as drive in the streets of Harare. Not the Beijing way. The right to safe driving. But when I get to the City of King, Bulawayo I am totally stupid. For once, the roads are too wide and when you are turning right in an uncontrolled junction you get really confused. At least I do. Keep track of the Crocodile Tales and be informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment